Re: pgbench - adding pl/pgsql versions of tests

From: Hannu Krosing <hannuk(at)google(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dimitri Fontaine <dim(at)tapoueh(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench - adding pl/pgsql versions of tests
Date: 2024-02-03 07:54:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

My justification for adding pl/pgsql tests as part of the immediately
available tests is that pl/pgsql itself is always enabled, so having a
no-effort way to test its performance benefits would be really helpful.
We also should have "tps-b-like as SQL function" to round up the "test
what's available in server" set.

---
Hannu