Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

From: Nikhil Sontakke <nikhils(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Sokolov Yura <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date: 2018-01-29 18:35:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> PFA, patch with documentation. Have added requisite entries in the
> logical decoding output plugins section. No changes are needed
> elsewhere, AFAICS.

PFA, patch which applies cleanly against latest git head. I also
removed unwanted newlines and took care of the cleanup TODO about
making ReorderBufferTXN structure using a txn_flags field instead of
separate booleans for various statuses like has_catalog_changes,
is_subxact, is_serialized etc. The patch uses this txn_flags field for
the newer prepare related info as well.

"make check-world" passes ok, including the additional regular and tap
tests that we have added as part of this patch.

Regards,
Nikhils
--
Nikhil Sontakke http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL/Postgres-XL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

Attachment Content-Type Size
2pc_logical_29_01_18.patch application/octet-stream 117.1 KB