No prompt for setting up a master password

From: Stephanie Goulet <stephanie(dot)a(dot)goulet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: No prompt for setting up a master password
Date: 2023-06-06 10:55:19
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

Hi all,

Hope you're well. I'm a new user and was trying to set pgAdmin up for the
first time. All of the instructions and tutorials and other resources I can
find outline how there should be a prompt for setting up a master password
when you first open. This did not appear for me. I tried deleting,
redownloading, and opening again and it still doesn't appear. When opening
the program after download, it also doesn't ask for a password (only when
trying to connect to a server). If it's helpful to know, I'm using Mac OS.

Is there a way to set the master password without having the prompt appear?
If yes, where/how? If not, what might you recommend for this situation?

Thank you in advance.

Stephanie