Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1184 - Re-docking on the main tabset is broken

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1184 - Re-docking on the main tabset is broken
Date: 2016-06-07 09:49:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 3:44 AM, Surinder Kumar <
> surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please find attached patch for mentioned issue:
>> *Issue*: Re-docking on the main tabset is broken
>> *Explanation*:
>> We were missing 'moveable' property. It should be set to false while
>> creating new Browser panel. By default it is true for all registered panels.
>> I think both browser and dashboard panels were moveable. that is why
>> dockable tab couldn't determine where to re-dock.
>>

> That has fixed the original issue, but - now it does not allow me to dock
> any of the panel beneath the 'Browser' panel.

Yes I have observed this issue after applying patch, but If we ignore the
fix in patch, then the core issue is that
we have set *showTitle* of browser panel to false. because of which It
removes the title bar completely from the browser panel and
hence re-docking the panel doesn't work. If I set *showTitle* to true, it
works.

This may be the behaviour or issue with wcDocker. From my perspective it
should only hide panel title instead of removing panel title bar completely.