Cluster on NAS and data center.

From: Krzysztof Kaczkowski <grafvader(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cluster on NAS and data center.
Date: 2016-07-04 09:33:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello everyone,

Right now we have PostgreSQL on Windows Server (main data center) and
cluster is placed on NAS. We have emergency data center on UNIX
architecture. We want that emergency data center could continue work on
PostgreSQL cluster that has been used by Windows PostgreSQL.

We know that standard PostgreSQL is not able to use cluster created on
different OS. We think that recompilation PostgreSQL with some specific
flags. This should give us compatibility of cluster on different Systems.
We see a small differences in cluster files on binary level. Can You help
us pick proper compilation flags?