Re: Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)
Date: 2016-08-22 21:43:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached WIP patch series:

This has bitrot, since commit da1c9163 changed the interface for
checking parallel safety. I'll have to fix that, and will probably
take the opportunity to change how workers have maintenance_work_mem
apportioned while I'm at it. To recap, it would probably be better if
maintenance_work_mem remained a high watermark for the entire CREATE
INDEX, rather than applying as a per-worker allowance.

--
Peter Geoghegan