Re: B-Tree index builds, CLUSTER, and sortsupport

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: B-Tree index builds, CLUSTER, and sortsupport
Date: 2014-11-05 17:47:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com> wrote:
> Did anything ever happen with this?

I consider this to be related to the abbreviated keys stuff, although
it is clearly independently valuable (so it could be reviewed
independently). Since Robert ran out of time to work on abbreviated
keys (hopefully temporarily), it's not all that surprising that no one
has paid attention to this smaller piece of work. I see that Andreas
Karlsson is signed up to review this, so that's something.

--
Peter Geoghegan