Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
Subject: Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric
Date: 2015-03-23 23:17:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk> wrote:
> The earlier comment should make it clear that all the DEC_DIGITS != 4
> support is "historical". I didn't consider it appropriate to actually
> rip out all the #ifs; I simply tried to make it clear where the
> landmines were if anyone wanted to try experimenting with other
> DEC_DIGITS values.

There is exactly one landmine: this patch. I really don't understand
why you're so resistant to linking the DEC_DIGITS != 4 to it failing.
After all, your V1 linked it to abbreviation silently not being
enabled when numeric.c was built.

--
Peter Geoghegan