Re: Tuplesort merge pre-reading

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tuplesort merge pre-reading
Date: 2016-09-12 15:51:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 8:47 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I spoke too soon, git AM had failed and I didn't notice.

I wrote the regression test that causes Postgres to crash with the
patch applied. It tests, among other things, that CLUSTER tuples are
fixed-up by a routine like the current MOVETUP(), which is removed in
Heikki's patch. (There was a 9.6 bug where CLUSTER was broken due to
that.)

It shouldn't be too difficult for Heikki to fix this.
--
Peter Geoghegan