Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in create_gather_path

From: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in create_gather_path
Date: 2018-04-08 07:34:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

At some places, I have observed that we are adding a partial path even when
rel's consider_parallel is false. Due to this, the partial path added has
parallel_safe set to false and then later in create_gather_path() assertion
fails.

Attached patch to fix that.

--
Jeevan Chalke
Technical Architect, Product Development

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-partial-path-only-when-rel-s-consider_parallel-i.patch text/x-patch 2.3 KB