Islamabad PUG meetup - TABLESAMPLE

From: Umair Shahid <umair(dot)shahid(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Islamabad PUG meetup - TABLESAMPLE
Date: 2016-07-25 09:03:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

PostgreSQL Advocates,

We held a meetup of the Islamabad PUG on Friday where we discussed the
TABLESAMPLE feature and how it can be used for Big Data Analytics. 38
people showed up for the session, most of them professionals working in the
Big Data space.

I have shared the slide deck from our meetup here:
http://www.slideshare.net/UmairShahid16/islamabad-pug-big-data-postgresql-using-tablesample-to-analyze-very-large-datasets.
This is pretty much the same deck I used for my talk at PgDay Asia in
Singapore earlier this year.

You can view photos from the event here:
http://www.meetup.com/Islamabad-PostgreSQL-User-Group/photos/27146242/

Overall, an excellent and a very interactive session. I sure had a lot of
fun :-)

- Umair