PGConf APAC 2019 - Call for Papers

From: Umair Shahid <umair(dot)shahid(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGConf APAC 2019 - Call for Papers
Date: 2018-10-03 13:17:28
Lists: pgsql-announce

Following the success of past pan-Asia Postgres events - pgDay Asia and
PGConf APAC - we are pleased to announce PGConf APAC 2019, to be held in
Singapore from 19th to 21st March, 2019. PGConf APAC is the PostgreSQL
conference series for all PostgreSQL enthusiasts in the Asia Pacific region.

pgDay Asia (2016 & 2017) and PGConf APAC 2018 would not have been possible
without your awesome talks and we would like to invite speakers from all
over the globe to present at the PGConf APAC 2019. We would like to open
Call For Paper for PGConf APAC 2019. Some of the topics which can be used
for submitting a talk are:

1. Migration projects
2. Performance troubleshooting and tuning
3. noSQL and geo-spatial features of Postgres
4. Unique use-case and customer stories

For some examples you can refer to the papers which were presented at
previous years’ events

2018 [http://2018.pgconfapac.org/#plx_blog_section]
2017 [http://2017.pgday.asia/index.html#schedule]
2016 [http://2016.pgday.asia/index.html#program]

Of course we are happy to accept paper proposals on any other interesting
topics as well.

To submit your proposal for presentation please go to this link [
https://pgconfapac.org/events/pgconfapac2019/callforpapers/].

This year we are also introducing trainings. The idea is community helps
the community to learn. If you have a great topic in mind which can be
covered in 5-6 hours, please go ahead and submit a proposal for that too.
Typical topics that can be useful for the audience would be:

- Linux Tuning for PostgreSQL
- Replication
- Backup & Recovery
- Performance Tuning

Of course if you have something different that you have learnt the hard way
and want to share with the attendees of PGConf APAC, we would be happy to
accept your proposal. The training proposal can be submitted at the same
CFP site [https://pgconfapac.org/events/pgconfapac2019/callforpapers/] by
choosing 'PostgreSQL Training' as Track.

*** Important Dates ***

Tuesday, March 19th - PostgreSQL Training Day
Wednesday, March 20th - 1 Day of Postgres Talks
Thursday, March 21st - 2nd Day of Postgres Talks & Speaker Dinner

*** Venue **

Singapore (More details to be announced)

*** Call for Presentations ***

2018-10-03: Proposals acceptance begins
2018-11-16: Proposals acceptance ends
2018-11-30: Authors of accepted proposals contacted

*** Important Links ***

Call for Paper: https://pgconfapac.org/events/pgconfapac2019/callforpapers/
More details about CFP: https://2019.pgconfapac.org/callforpapers/

Past Events:

2018: http://2018.pgconfapac.org/
2017: http://2017.pgday.asia/
2016: http://2016.pgday.asia/

All other details including team & sponsors: https://2019.pgconfapac.org/

If you need any additional information please contact our team at
pgconfapac(at)googlegroups(dot)com

This conference is organized by the PostgreSQL people from Asian
communities. If you have any question, feel free to contact us on
pgconfapac(at)googlegroups(dot)com.