Re: Commitfest wrapup

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest wrapup
Date: 2022-04-09 13:25:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 at 06:44, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:

> > * Simplify some RI checks to reduce SPI overhead
>
> Move to next; a lot more work is required.

If it's going to be part of a much larger patch set I wonder if it
shouldn't just be marked Rejected and start a new thread and new CF
entry for the whole suite.

> > * Map WAL segment files on PMEM as WAL buffers
> > * Support custom authentication methods using hooks
> > * Implement INSERT SET syntax
> > * Logical insert/update/delete WAL records for custom table AMs
>
> New features.

Yeah, this bunch definitely consists of new features, just not sure if
they should be moved forward or Rejected or RWF. Some of them had some
negative feedback or the development has taken some turns that make me
think starting new patches specifically for the parts that remain may
make more sense.

--
greg