Re: Remove dead macro exec_subplan_get_plan

From: "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Zhang Mingli <zmlpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove dead macro exec_subplan_get_plan
Date: 2023-04-04 18:03:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 16 Sept 2022 at 03:33, Zhang Mingli <zmlpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2022, 14:47 +0800, Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, wrote:
>
> How about add it to the CF to not lose track of it?
>
> Will add it, thanks~

I guess not losing track of it is only helpful if we do eventually
commit it. Otherwise we would rather lose track of it :)

I think the conclusion here was that the actual list is still used and
cleaning up unused macros isn't worth the hassle unless it's part of
some larger patch? I mean, it doesn't seem like a lot of hassle but
nobody seems to have been interested in pursuing it since 2022 so I
guess it's not going to happen.

I don't want to keep moving patches forward release to release that
nobody's interested in committing. So I'm going to mark this one
rejected for now. We can always update that if it comes up again.

--
Gregory Stark
As Commitfest Manager