Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date: 2023-04-10 00:43:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So here's the list of CF entries that I thought *might* still get
committed either because they're an Open Issue or they're one of those
other categories. I had intended to go through and add them all to the
Open Issues but it turns out I only feel confident in a couple of them
qualifying for that:

Already added:
* Default to ICU during initdb
* Assertion failure with parallel full hash join
* RecoveryConflictInterrupt() is unsafe in a signal handler
* pg_visibility's pg_check_visible() yields false positive when
working in parallel with autovacuum

Not added:
* Fix bogus error emitted by pg_recvlogical when interrupted
* clean up permission checks after 599b33b94
* Fix assertion failure with next_phase_at in snapbuild.c
* Fix assertion failure in SnapBuildInitialSnapshot()
* Fix improper qual pushdown after applying outer join identity 3
* Add document is_superuser
* Improve doc for autovacuum on partitioned tables
* Create visible links for HTML elements that have an id to make them
discoverable via the web interface
* Fix inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats
* pg_rewind WAL deletion pitfall
* Update relfrozenxmin when truncating temp tables
* Testing autovacuum wraparound
* Add TAP tests for psql \g piped into program

I'll move these CF entries to the next CF now. I think they all are
arguably open issues though of varying severity.

--
greg