Re: Add a filed to PageHeaderData

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Soroosh Sardari <soroosh(dot)sardari(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add a filed to PageHeaderData
Date: 2014-06-24 08:58:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Soroosh Sardari
<soroosh(dot)sardari(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Is there any rule for adding a field to PageHeaderData?

Not really. It's a pretty internal thing, not something we expect
people to be doing all the time.

The only rule I can think of is that you should bump some version
numbers such as the page format version and probably the catalog
version. But that's probably irrelevant to your problem. It sounds
like you have a bug in your code but you haven't posted enough
information to say much more.

--
greg