Re: postgresql support new time zone TRT

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Ziyun Audrey Wang <ziyun(dot)wang(at)ericsson(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Guy St-Pierre <guy(dot)st-pierre(at)ericsson(dot)com>
Subject: Re: postgresql support new time zone TRT
Date: 2016-10-25 18:50:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Ziyun Audrey Wang
<ziyun(dot)wang(at)ericsson(dot)com> wrote:
> Does PostgreSQL support the new time zone TRT (the new time zone for
> Turkey)?

This would probably have had a better chance of being answered on
pgsql-general than here btw.

As it happens the answer is that the next point release will have the
updated Turkish time zone rules. The change was made on very short
notice and I believe was actually announced and implemented all after
the last point release so there was no chance for it to have been
updated. Politicians it appears have such high regard for computer
programmers that we're expected to see the future.

--
greg