Re: Move backup-related code to xlogbackup.c/.h

From: "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Move backup-related code to xlogbackup.c/.h
Date: 2023-03-24 03:31:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 at 02:08, Bharath Rupireddy
<bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm attaching the v9 patch set herewith after rebasing. Please review
> it further.

It looks like neither reviewer has been really convinced this is the
direction they want to go and I think that's why the thread has been
pretty dead since last October. I think people are pretty hesitant to
give bad news but I don't think we're doing you any favours having you
rebasing and rebasing and trying to justify specific code changes when
it looks like people are skeptical about the basic approach.

So I'm going to mark this Rejected for now. Perhaps a fresh approach
next release cycle starting with a discussion of the specific goals
rather than starting with a patch would be better.

--
Gregory Stark
As Commitfest Manager