Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

From: "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date: 2023-03-15 18:29:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So, sorry I've been a bit under the weather but can concentrate on the
commitfest now. I tried to recapitulate the history but the activity
log only goes back a certain distance on the web. If I can log in to
the database I guess I could construct the history from sql queries if
it was important.

But where we stand now is:

Status summary:
Needs review: 152.
Waiting on Author: 42.
Ready for Committer: 39.
Committed: 61.
Moved to next CF: 4.
Withdrawn: 17.
Returned with Feedback: 4.
Total: 319.

Of the Needs Review patches there are 81 that have received no email
messages since the CF began. A lot of those have reviews attached but
presumably those reviewers are mostly from earlier CFs and may have
already contributed all they can.

I don't know, should we move some or all of these to the next CF
already? I'm reluctant to bounce them en masse because there are
definitely some patches that will get reviewed and some that should
really be marked "Ready for Committer".

These patches that are "Needs Review" and have received no comments at
all since before March 1st are these. If your patch is amongst this
list I would suggest any of:

1) Move it yourself to the next CF (or withdraw it)
2) Post to the list with any pending questions asking for specific
feedback -- it's much more likely to get feedback than just a generic
"here's a patch plz review"...
3) Mark it Ready for Committer and possibly post explaining the
resolution to any earlier questions to make it easier for a committer
to understand the state

If there's still no emails on these at some point I suppose it will
make sense to move them out of the CF.

* ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
* New hooks in the connection path
* Add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive
* Avoid use deprecated Windows Memory API
* Remove dead macro exec_subplan_get_plan
* Consider parallel for LATERAL subqueries having LIMIT/OFFSET
* pg_rewind WAL deletion pitfall
* Simplify find_my_exec by using realpath(3)
* Move backup-related code to xlogbackup.c/.h
* Avoid hiding shared filesets in pg_ls_tmpdir (pg_ls_* functions for
showing metadata ...)
* Fix bogus error emitted by pg_recvlogical when interrupted
* warn if GUC set to an invalid shared library
* Check consistency of GUC defaults between .sample.conf and
pg_settings.boot_val
* Code checks for App Devs, using new options for transaction behavior
* Lockless queue of waiters based on atomic operations for LWLock
* Fix assertion failure with next_phase_at in snapbuild.c
* Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
* Add sortsupport for range types and btree_gist
* asynchronous execution support for Custom Scan
* Periodic burst growth of the checkpoint_req counter on replica.
* CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned table
* Fix ParamPathInfo for union-all AppendPath
* Add OR REPLACE option for CREATE OPERATOR
* ALTER TABLE and CLUSTER fail to use a BulkInsertState for toast tables
* Partial aggregates push down
* Non-replayable WAL records through overflows and >MaxAllocSize lengths
* Enable jitlink as an alternative jit linker of legacy Rtdyld and
add riscv jitting support
* Test for function error in logrep worker
* basebackup: support zstd long distance matching
* pgbench - adding pl/pgsql versions of tests
* Function to log backtrace of postgres processes
* More scalable multixacts buffers and locking
* Remove nonmeaningful prefixes in PgStat_* fields
* COPY FROM enable FORCE_NULL/FORCE_NOT_NULL on all columns
* postgres_fdw: commit remote (sub)transactions in parallel during pre-commit
* Add semi-join pushdown to postgres_fdw
* Skip replicating the tables specified in except table option
* Split index and table statistics into different types of stats
* Exclusion constraints on partitioned tables
* Post-special Page Storage TDE support
* Direct I/O (developer-only feature)
* Improve doc for autovacuum on partitioned tables
* Patch to implement missing join selectivity estimation for range types
* Clarify the behavior of the system when approaching XID wraparound
* Set arbitrary GUC options during initdb
* An attempt to avoid
locally-committed-but-not-replicated-to-standby-transactions in
synchronous replication
* Check lateral references within PHVs for memoize cache keys
* Add n_tup_newpage_upd to pg_stat table views
* monitoring usage count distribution
* Reduce wakeup on idle for bgwriter & walwriter for >5s
* Report the query string that caused a memory error under Valgrind
* New [relation] options engine
* Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in
publication
* possibility to take name, signature and oid of currently executed
function in GET DIAGNOSTICS statement
* Named Operators
* nbtree performance improvements through specialization on key shape
* Fix assertion failure in SnapBuildInitialSnapshot()
* Speed up releasing of locks
* Compression dictionaries
* Improve pg_bsd_indent's handling of multiline initialization expressions
* Add EXPLAIN option GENERIC_PLAN for parameterized queries
* User functions for building SCRAM secrets
* Exit walsender before confirming remote flush in logical replication
* Refactoring postgres_fdw/connection.c
* Add pg_stat_session
* Doc: Improve note about copying into postgres_fdw foreign tables in batch
* Kerberos/GSSAPI Credential Delegation
* archive modules loose ends
* Fix dsa_free() to re-bin segment
* Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc
* clean up permission checks after 599b33b94
* Some revises in adding sorting path
* ResourceOwner refactoring
* Fix the description of GUC "max_locks_per_transaction" and
"max_pred_locks_per_transaction" in guc_table.c
* some namespace.c refactoring
* Add function to_oct
* Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available
* Dynamic result sets from procedures
* BRIN - SK_SEARCHARRAY and scan key preprocessing
* MERGE ... WHEN NOT MATCHED BY SOURCE
* Reuse Workers and Replication Slots during Logical Replication