Re: Idea for aggregates

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Idea for aggregates
Date: 2014-04-05 03:13:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well in many cases stype will just be internal for many of them. That
doesn't mean they're the same.

Hm, I suppose it might if they have the same sfunc.

This is actually where I started but we concluded that we needed some
declaration that the aggregates were actually related and would interpret
the state the same way and not just that it happened to use the same
storage format.