Re: First-draft release notes for next week's releases

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First-draft release notes for next week's releases
Date: 2014-03-17 21:09:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> I'm thinking we'd better promote that Assert to a normal runtime elog.

I wasn't sure about this but on further thought I think it's a really
good idea and should be mentioned in the release notes. One of the
things that's been bothering me about this bug is that it's really
hard to be know if your standby has suffered from the problem and if
you've promoted it you don't know if your database has a problem.

That said, it would be nice to actually fix the problem, not just
detect it. Eventually vacuum would fix the problem. I think. I'm not
really sure what will happen actually.

--
greg