Re: BUG #13324: Database returing incorrect results on querying slect clause

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: ksharma6(at)metlife(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #13324: Database returing incorrect results on querying slect clause
Date: 2015-05-22 00:26:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:23 AM, <ksharma6(at)metlife(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi PostgreSQL team, we are suing PostGreSQL 8.2.

The bad news is that Postgres 8.2 is very very old. It's been over
three years since we stopped updating or supporting that version. It's
possible you've hit one of the known bugs fixed in point releases (the
last was 8.2.23) or it's possible you've found a new bug. But it's
unlikely anyone is going to be digging out 8.2 sources to debug it
unless you're interested in hiring someone to do so.

It's possible that running REINDEX will fix your database for now but
I would strongly suggest using pg_dump to dump your database and then
restore it into a Postgres 9.4 database.

--
greg