Re: Limiting setting of hint bits by read-only queries; vacuum_delay

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Limiting setting of hint bits by read-only queries; vacuum_delay
Date: 2013-03-26 01:35:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> I'll bet you all a beer at PgCon 2014 that this remains unresolved at
> that point.

Are you saying you're only interested in working on it now? That after
9.3 is release you won't be interested in working on it any more?

As you said we've been eyeing this particular logic since 2004, why
did it suddenly become more urgent now? Why didn't you work on it 9
months ago at the beginning of the release cycle?

--
greg