Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Sergey Muraviov <sergey(dot)k(dot)muraviov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager
Date: 2014-06-16 20:21:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> So, it seems like we need to do something about this one way or
> another. Who's working on that?

So I'm fine finishing what I started. I've just been a bit busy this past week.

My inclination is to try to push forward and commit this patch,
document the changes and make sure we check for any consequences of
them.

The alternate plan is to revert it for 9.4 and commit the changes to
9.5 and that gives us more time to be sure we're ok with them.

--
greg