Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again
Date: 2022-03-28 20:11:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I had to rebase this again after Tom's cleanup of heap.c removing some includes.

I had to re-add snapmgr to access RecentXmin. I occurs to me to ask
whether RecentXmin is actually guaranteed to be set. I haven't
checked. I thought it was set when the first snapshot was taken and
presumably even if it's a non-transactional truncate we're still in a
transaction?

The patch also added heapam.h to heap.c which might seem like a layer
violation. I think it's ok since it's just to be able to update the
catalog (heap_inplace_update is in heapam.h).

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0002-Add-test-for-truncating-temp-tables-advancing-rel.patch text/x-patch 4.2 KB
v4-0001-Update-relfrozenxmin-when-truncating-temp-tables.patch text/x-patch 12.5 KB