Re: GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 8)

From: Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Borodin <amborodin86(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 8)
Date: 2017-07-28 04:58:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.

I am attaching a patch for predicate locking in SP-Gist index

Regards,
Shubham

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com&idSignature=22>

On 26 July 2017 at 20:50, Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Project: Explicitly support predicate locks in index AMs besides b-tree
>
> Hi,
>
> During this week, I worked on predicate locking in spgist index. I think,
> for spgist index, predicate lock only on leaf pages will be enough as
> spgist searches can determine if there is a match or not only at leaf level.
>
> I have done following things in this week.
>
> 1) read the source code of spgist index to understand the access method
>
> 2) found appropriate places to insert calls to existing functions
>
> 3) created tests (to verify serialization failures and to demonstrate the
> feature of reduced false positives) for 'point' and 'box' data types.
>

> link to code and tests: https://github.com/shub
> hambaraiss/postgres/commit/d9ae709c93ff038478ada411c621faeabe6813cb
>
> I will attach the patch shortly.
>

> Regards,
> Shubham
>

> <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
> <https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com&idSignature=22>

Attachment Content-Type Size
Predicate-Locking-in-spgist-index.patch application/octet-stream 38.0 KB