Re: SQL:2011 PERIODS vs Postgres Ranges?

From: Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Paul A Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com>, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)protonmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL:2011 PERIODS vs Postgres Ranges?
Date: 2020-10-27 14:11:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 12:39 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 04:51:01PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > This patch had no reviews, unfortunately it cannot be applied
> > cleanly. Could you send a rebase please?
>
> This had no replies after two weeks, so I have marked the patch as
> RwF. Please feel free to resubmit if you are planning to work more on
> that.
> --
> Michael

I have spent some more time on the patch and did a lot of cleanup along
with some fixes, compilation errors, and warnings. There is a need for
another round of clean up to make that patch perfect. Currently, it based
on master (0525572860335d050a1bea194a5278c8833304d1). Regression is not
passing because it is dependent on the range_agg patch. Currently, I am
collecting all the TODO's and try to finish all of these.

The patch requires some reviews, so I am putting that again in the current
commitfest.

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Attachment Content-Type Size
v0004-temporal-pk-fk-update-delete.patch application/octet-stream 142.7 KB