Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization

From: Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization
Date: 2021-03-05 11:37:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 8:15 PM Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> In case if I'm missing something and Pavel's proposal is significantly
>> different from the original patch (if I understand correctly, at the
>> moment the latest patch posted here is a rebase and adjusting the old
>> patch to work with the latest changes in master, right?), then indeed
>> they could be merged, but please in the newer thread [1].
>>

> Sure, my patch has the only difference from the previous Theodor's code
> for compatibility with v.13, though it is not small, and I appreciate the
> changes in paths processing. The only thing that caused my notice, is that
> some useful changes which I've mentioned before, are discarded now. But as
> long as they are planned to be put in later it is completely fine. I agree
> to discuss the thing in any thread, though I don't quite understand the
> reason for a switch.
>
> Still I don't see a problem.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Pavel Borisov
>
> Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com <http://www.postgrespro.com>

Regression (stats_ext) is failing because you forgot to drop the table
created in a test
case (aggregates), It's a bit minor change so the attached patch fixes
that issue.

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6704792446697472

--
Ibrar Ahmed

Attachment Content-Type Size
v12-0001-GROUP-BY-optimization-made-compatible-with-chang.patch application/octet-stream 99.1 KB