Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization

From: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization
Date: 2020-10-29 15:14:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> In case if I'm missing something and Pavel's proposal is significantly
> different from the original patch (if I understand correctly, at the
> moment the latest patch posted here is a rebase and adjusting the old
> patch to work with the latest changes in master, right?), then indeed
> they could be merged, but please in the newer thread [1].

Sure, my patch has the only difference from the previous Theodor's code
for compatibility with v.13, though it is not small, and I appreciate the
changes in paths processing. The only thing that caused my notice, is that
some useful changes which I've mentioned before, are discarded now. But as
long as they are planned to be put in later it is completely fine. I agree
to discuss the thing in any thread, though I don't quite understand the
reason for a switch.

Still I don't see a problem.

--
Best regards,