POF.com DBA needed

From: Ryan Folstad <ryan(at)pof(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: POF.com DBA needed
Date: 2012-04-18 02:45:36
Lists: pgsql-jobs

If you have solid experience with PgSQL programming and Microsoft TSQL
and want to work in a high transaction environment with about 50/50
split dba to development please send me your resume.

Job Description

Located in Vancouver, BC Canada
Plentyoffish Media, the world leader in online dating with 41 million
members and growing is looking for a SQL Server DBA to join our team.

Responsibilities
• Create and maintain maintenance plans, performance tuning, and
advising programmers on improving schemas.
• Plan and establish technology roadmaps, product goals, and
development strategies.
• Participate in a highly collaborative environment, we want you to
share your expertise, making everyone else better and facilitating
constant learning.
Requirements
• 4+ Years of experience as DBA
• SQL Server 2008 database administration tasks
• Transact SQL (TSQL)
• Command level experience with SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2
• SQL Server HA (high availability) using mirroring/clustering.
• SQL Server Replication
• New database installations
• Database performance tuning
• Database backups and recovery
• Database monitoring
• Server and database security
• Index management and optimization
• Experience with Query Analyzer
• Experience in developing functions and stored procedures.
• Capable of multi-tasking and ability to manage projects
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in the social networking, dating, or other
subscription-based business is a plus.
What’s it like to work at Plentyoffish?
• We have a fun and casual culture
• We have monthly outings to local restaurants and our Christmas party
is legendary!
• Our office is stocked with snacks and beverages
• Great downtown location with easy access to transit
• Awesome state-of-the-art office with fantastic views