Re: Eclipse Help

From: dinesh kumar <dineshkumar02(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Praveen M <thrinz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Eclipse Help
Date: 2015-10-14 01:55:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 3:49 AM, Praveen M <thrinz(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was able to follow the debugging of the child process using this link,
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse
>
> As per the notes , I was able to set breakpoints and everything seem to be
> working (hopefully). However I am not able to see the debug messages in the
> eclipse console (for the attached process) . Please help
>
> When I check on the console in eclipse , this is the last message I see.
>
> 0x00007ffff73fad48 in poll () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
>
> I added a 2 lines in pl_exec.c and kept breakpoints for these lines. The
> breakpoints work fine but I am not able to see the console log.
> I was able to use the log message "ereport(LOG, (errmsg("test here
> started")));" in autovaccum.c line 414 and see the message in the console.
> But this message is from the main process. I am having trouble seeing the
> console log only for the attached process.
>
> pl_exec.c :
>
> Line 310 :
> ereport(LOG,
> (errmsg("test here started")));
>
> Line 311 :
> elog(ERROR,"test here");

Not sure what could be the problem. It may be due to your log settings in
postgresql.conf file, OR may the content not flushed yet.

BTW, did you check the log file for these entries.

PS

*I prefer netbeans rather eclipse for local development. If you have enough
resources in your machine, it's worth to give a try latest netbeans.*

--

Regards,
Dinesh