Re: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently
Date: 2021-04-02 04:45:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 10:21 PM David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:
> This thread seems to be stalled. Since it represents a bug fix is there
> something we can do in the meantime while a real solution is worked out?
>
> Perhaps just inform the user that nothing was done? Or get something
> into the documentation?

Attaching a small patch that emits a warning when the persistence
setting of a partitioned table is changed and also added a note into
the docs. Please have a look at it.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Emit-warning-when-partitioned-table-s-persistence.patch application/octet-stream 5.7 KB