Missing log message in recoveryStopsAfter() for RECOVERY_TARGET_TIME recovery target type

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Missing log message in recoveryStopsAfter() for RECOVERY_TARGET_TIME recovery target type
Date: 2021-10-13 14:26:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I see that the recoveryStopsAfter() doesn't have any "recovery
stopping after XXXX" sort of log for RECOVERY_TARGET_TIME recovery
target type. It has similar logs for other recoveryTarget types
though. Is there any specific reason for not having it?

I see that we have "starting point-in-time recovery to XXXX" sorts of
logs for all the recovery target types and also recoveryStopsBefore()
has a log (by setting stopsHere) for RECOVERY_TARGET_TIME.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.