Re: Improve GetConfigOptionValues function

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nitin Jadhav <nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improve GetConfigOptionValues function
Date: 2023-01-23 05:59:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 3:27 PM Nitin Jadhav
<nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > Possibly a better answer is to refactor into separate functions,
> > along the lines of
> >
> > static bool
> > ConfigOptionIsShowable(struct config_generic *conf)
> >
> > static void
> > GetConfigOptionValues(struct config_generic *conf, const char **values)
>
> Nice suggestion. Attached a patch for the same. Please share the
> comments if any.

The v2 patch looks good to me except the comment around
ConfigOptionIsShowable() which is too verbose. How about just "Return
whether the GUC variable is visible or not."?

I think you can add it to CF, if not done, to not lose track of it.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team