pg_log_backend_memory_contexts - remove unnecessary test case

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_log_backend_memory_contexts - remove unnecessary test case
Date: 2022-01-28 08:45:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While reviewing another patch [1], I found an unnecessary test case of
pg_log_backend_memory_contexts, that is, executing the function after
granting the permission to the role and checking the permissions with
the has_function_privilege. IMO, it's unnecessary as we have the test
cases covering the function execution just above that. With the
removal of these test cases, the regression tests timings can be
improved (a tiniest tiniest tiniest tiniest amount of time though).
Attaching a small patch.

Thoughts?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/04596d19-1bb6-4865-391d-4e63c9b3317f%40oss.nttdata.com

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-remove-unnecessary-test-case.patch application/octet-stream 1.6 KB