Re: Improvements and additions to COPY progress reporting

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Josef Šimánek <josef(dot)simanek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Improvements and additions to COPY progress reporting
Date: 2021-02-10 06:43:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 6:02 PM Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > Also, you can add this to the current commitfest.
>
> See https://commitfest.postgresql.org/32/2977/
>
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 12:53, Josef Šimánek <josef(dot)simanek(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > OK, would you mind to integrate my regression test initial patch as
> > well in v3 or should I submit it later in a separate way?
>
> Attached, with minor fixes

Why do we need to have a new test file progress.sql for the test
cases? Can't we add them into existing copy.sql or copy2.sql? Or do
you have a plan to add test cases into progress.sql for other progress
reporting commands?

IMO, it's better not add any new test file but add the tests to existing files.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.