Re: Log message for GSS connection is missing once connection authorization is successful.

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Euler Taveira <euler(dot)taveira(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Log message for GSS connection is missing once connection authorization is successful.
Date: 2020-11-07 07:24:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 9:27 AM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Yes the test will fail if it takes more than the max_attempts as there
> is a like statement immediately after the loop:
> like($first_logfile, qr/\Q$expect_log_msg\E/,
> 'found expected log file content');
> I have also increased the attempts to 180 seconds just like other
> tests to avoid failure in very slow systems.

+1 for this.

> > 2. I intentionally altered(for testing purpose only) the expected log message input given to test_access(), expecting the tests to fail, but the test succeeded. Am I missing something here? Is it that the syslogger process not logging the message at all or within the 10sec waiting? Do we need to increase the wait duration? Do we need to do something to fail the test when we don't see the expected log message in test_access()?
> >
> > "cXNnnection authorized: user=......
> > "connecTEion authorized: user=....
> > "connection auTThorized:.....
> >

> Thanks for testing this, I had missed testing this. The expression
> matching was not correct. Attached v6 patch which includes the fix for
> this.

This use case works as expected i.e. test fails if the log message is
altered intentionally.

> Attached v6 patch which includes the fix for this.

Thanks. I have no further comments on the V6 patch, it looks good to
me. make check of 001_auth.pl, regression tests make check and make
check world passes. It can be passed to committer for further review.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.