pgAdmin4 Docker behind load balancer

From: Lenain <lenaing(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin4 Docker behind load balancer
Date: 2018-05-22 16:07:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello hackers,

We are currently using the dpage/pgadmin4 image to run a pgAdmin4 web
interface behind an AWS application load balancer.
The load balancer is configured to check the health of containers by
querying the /login URI and checking if it answers with a 200 HTTP code.

However the app always send a new cookie for this page, storing it into the
mounted docker volume.
It is understandable that it is wanted to generate a new session on login,
but as load balancers check numerous times a day this URI, it quickly fill
and use all of the inodes of the volume as it generate session tokens, and
consequently saturate also the inodes of the underlying system.

We are therefore looking for another URI to do our healthcheck that won't
generate a new session item.
However it seems that even on statics assets or redirects, the app set the
pga4_session cookie.

Is there another way available to do these checks ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your advices,
Kind regards.
/Lenain