Re: Cost Model

From: neto brpr <netobrpr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cost Model
Date: 2017-12-20 18:26:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear David
I have read documentation that you send, but it has only sequential page
cost and random page cost parameters. What I need, would be a model of
custo for Differentiate Read/Write (sequential and random), because in SSDs
the reads and writes have different costs. If you or someone knows a patch
or other solution, that allows you to configure individual parameters to:

- Sequential reading page cost
- cost of the random reading page
- sequential recording page cost
- Random recording page cost