Re: Cost Model

From: Neto BR <netobrpr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cost Model
Date: 2017-12-21 09:39:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 12:26 PM, neto brpr <netobrpr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> About what you said, that some settings can be configured by Tablespace?
>> I have already seen this in IBM DB2, but in Postgresql as far as I know,
>> for example the Random_page_cost and Seq_page_cost parameters are
>> configured for the Integer Database and not for Tablespace, ok?.
>> You or someone can tell me if cost parameters can be configured by
>> Tablespace, this would be useful for me, thinking of a server that has
>> hybrid storage environment (HDD x SSDs), I could leave some in a tablespace
>> with HDD adapted settings and the same way for when I have an SSD disk.
>>

> ​ALTER TABLESPACE​
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-altertablespace.html

A question about setting random_page_cost and seq_page_cost per tablespace.
If these values ​​are set to tablespace, will the random_page_cost and
seq_page_cost parameters of the postgresql.conf file be ignored for the
Tablespace that have been configured for these parameters?

Regards, Neto

> ​David J.​

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com