Re: BUG #9416: Setting up postgresql-9.1 (9.1.12-0wheezy1) Fails Configuration

From: Patrick Boake <pboake(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #9416: Setting up postgresql-9.1 (9.1.12-0wheezy1) Fails Configuration
Date: 2014-03-04 17:35:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

As a support professional myself I understand there has to be boundaries on
what is supported by a particular project.

I can't see how the postinst script can try to code around every possible
network config failure.

On the other hand a simple message of 'Hey. I can't resolve localhost. May
I bind to the IP?' would have saved me hours and not derail the project I
was actually working on.

->>>--Patrick---Boake---->

http://www.linkedin.com/in/netscr1be

http://www.google.com/profiles/pboake