logical replication resiliency

From: Istvan Soos <istvan(dot)soos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: logical replication resiliency
Date: 2018-12-23 13:39:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a database with about 1 TB of data, mostly inserts, little
updates and deletes, and I want to setup 2 logical replication for it.
What should be my expectation with the replication?

1. What is the time-window that either of the nodes can be offline?
- Will it survive if the node doing the publishing is offline for a
few hours and then goes back online?
- Will it survive if the subscriber node is offline for a few hours
and then goes back online?

2. If the replication is aborted for whatever reason, is there a way
to do it incrementally, or will it re-sync the 1TB at every such
event?

3. What alternative tools are out there to e.g. periodically sync from
one db to another?

Thanks,
Istvan