package and GPG check

From: otheus uibk <otheus(dot)uibk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: package and GPG check
Date: 2023-08-13 19:45:42
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

OK, so I think I understand what is going on. By disabling the
repo_gpgcheck, the error message shown below threw me onto the scent that
we have an architecture mismatch. I say "we" because ... I'm using docker
to run a CENTOS/ROOCKY x86_64 system using an M1 Mac (emulating my steps
from work, which is an X86_64 Mac). Docker downloads the ARM/aarch64
distribution of Rocky, but I'm trying to install the x86_64 packages.
Something somewhere is detecting the REAL architecture of the system and
installing a signing cert appropriate for it?? This results in a mismatch
between architecture signing key and packages from a different
architecture??

PostgreSQL 12 for RHEL / Rocky 9 - aarch64
1.6 MB/s | 1.7 kB 00:00
GPG key at file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG (0x442DF0F8) is already
installed
The GPG keys listed for the "PostgreSQL 12 for RHEL / Rocky 9 - aarch64"
repository are already installed but they are not correct for this package.
Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository..
Failing package is: postgresql12-server-12.16-1PGDG.rhel9.aarch64

--
Otheus
otheus(dot)uibk(at)gmail(dot)com