Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP

From: Jeff Silberberg <jms(at)dapage(dot)net>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP
Date: 2013-12-27 19:04:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-php

Good afternoon,

I move a number sites a few months ago to site5 web hosting but have
run into an issue where they refuse to include the support for pgsql into
the php environment. Although they did try to install it with pecl that
failed with no pg_config and missing libpg-fe.h. It appears that the php
modules do not install with out the developer tools installed, An I have
just run into a road block attempting to get this done. They refuse. Note,
I am not asking them to support a postgresql database, just include the
support in PHP so I can access an existing database remotely.

I went to site5 for their shared support & expertise of wordpress and
other hosting tools that I thought would be better supported in a shared
cpannel environment with dedicated resources, than I could do on a
dedicated server at say rackspace. Now I am questioning the decision.

Via my post here, I am wondering what others are doing for hosting
options that include both wordpress & php-pgsql

Thanks in advance --

http://www.site5.com/p/php-hosting/

http://php.net/pg_connect