Re: OOM in spgist insert

From: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OOM in spgist insert
Date: 2021-05-14 08:27:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Now when checking for shortening of leaf tuple is added LongValuesOK
> become slightly redundant. I'd propose to replace it with more legible name
> as LongValuesOK doesn't mean they are warranted to be ok just that we can
> try to shorten them? What about tryShortening, trySuffixing or
> can(Try)ShortenTuple?

Or maybe it's even more logical now to invert it and make
dontTrySuffixing for use in the opclasses for kd-tree, quadtree etc which
are warranted to have the same key data length at any tree level ?

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com <http://www.postgrespro.com>