Re: Commitfest Update

From: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest Update
Date: 2022-03-31 13:23:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

чт, 31 мар. 2022 г. в 15:09, Matthias van de Meent <
boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 12:56, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
> wrote:

> the
> > >
> > > +1 for closing such patches as Returned with Feedback, for the same
> reasons
> > > Robert and Peter already stated.
> >
> > Feature request for the commitfest app: any time a patch is closed as
> > RwF, send an automated email replying to the last posted version of the
> > patch, indicating the state change and the URL of the CF entry. That
> > way, if somebody wants to resurrect it later, it's easy to find the CF
> > entry that needs to be edited.
>
> Can normal users actually punt their own patch to a next commitfest?
> All I see for my old patches is the 'change status'-button, and the
> available options are not obviously linked to 'change registration to
> this or upcoming CF'.
> Updating the status of RwF/Rejected patches from previous commitfests
> to Open (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't automatically register
> it to newer CFs, so 'resurrecting' in the CF application can't really
> be done by normal users.
>
> I know that this has happened earlier; where someone re-opened their
> old RwF-patches in closed commitfests; after which those patches got
> lost in the traffic because they are not open in the current (or
> upcoming) commitfests.

In my experience, re-applying an updated patch to a new CF is very easy.
You can re-attach the existing discussion thread. The only information that
can be lost is CF-specific fields like reviewer/author which is worth
re-adding manually.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov