Re: Stream replication test fails of cfbot/windows server 2019

From: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michail Nikolaev <michail(dot)nikolaev(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stream replication test fails of cfbot/windows server 2019
Date: 2022-01-13 10:59:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> For the record, cfbot only started running the recovery tests on
> Windows a couple of weeks ago (when the new improved .cirrus.yml
> landed in the tree). I don't know if it's significant that Pavel's
> patch is failing every time:
>
> https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest/36/3464
>
> ... while one mentioned by Michail has lower frequency random failures:
>
> https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest/36/2979

Thomas, it's not exactly so. The patch
https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest/36/3464
failed
on the described reason only once.
Previous redness was due to compiler warnings in previous patch versions.

Furthermore, I've sent an updated contrib patch with very minor
improvements (completely unrelated to stream replication), and now test
passes.
I suppose there's some intermittent problem with windows cfbot
infrastructure which arise randomly sometimes and affects some random
patches being tested. I have feeling that all patches pushed around
yesterday's morning were affected and now everything works good.

It's pity I still have no idea about the source of the problems besides my
look at different cfbot behavior sometimes.
--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com <http://www.postgrespro.com>