Re: BUG #17023: wal_log_hints not configured even if it on

From: Mohan Nagandlla <nagandllamohan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17023: wal_log_hints not configured even if it on
Date: 2021-05-20 01:43:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Yes
I just enabled the streaming replication among 2 postgres instance and I
just enabled the option wal_log_hints at the initial level of the streaming
replication flow. So both master and stand by are configured with
wal_log_hints as on. The streaming is going good . All the DB data
replication is happening successfully.

These are the config options I have enabled in master before connecting to
the slave

wal_log_hints = on
restart_command ='cp /path to the directory/%f %p'
archive_command='.......some command'
promote_trigger_file='/tmp/switch.txt'
recovery_target_timeline='latest'

After enabled the slave the same options are enabled in slave also.
Slave also running with wal_log_hints = on and all options....

Now coming to the manual fail over case I have converted the slave as
master by using promote_trigger_file it was done successfully. The slave is
accepting the read and write also. And now I am coverting the old master as
slave for that I have done everything in new master and now by using
pg_rewind I am syncing the data time lines but that command is giving the
error like wal_log_hints should be in on . But I have enabled this option
from beginning onwards still it is in on but in target server and source
server.