Re: Patch proposal: New hooks in the connection path

From: Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
To: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bdrouvot(at)amazon(dot)com>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch proposal: New hooks in the connection path
Date: 2022-07-04 13:12:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 5:54 AM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot(at)amazon(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 7/2/22 1:00 AM, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> > Could we model this after fmgr_hook? The first argument in that hook
> > indicates where it is being called from. This doesn't alleviate the need
> > for several calls to the hook in the authentication logic, but extension
> > authors would only need to define one hook.
>
> I like the idea and indeed fmgr.h looks a good place to model it.
>
> Attached a new patch version doing so.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Bertrand Drouvot
> Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com

Hi,
+ FCET_SPT, /* startup packet timeout */
+ FCET_BSP, /* bad startup packet */

Looking at existing enum type, such as FmgrHookEventType, the part after
underscore is a word.
I think it would be good to follow existing practice and make the enums
more readable.

Cheers