Re: a misbehavior of partition row movement (?)

From: Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com>, Arne Roland <A(dot)Roland(at)index(dot)de>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: a misbehavior of partition row movement (?)
Date: 2021-09-10 15:48:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 7:06 AM Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 12:23 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 6:19 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
> wrote:
> CF.
> > >
> > > Amit, do you have time now to work on this?
> >
> > I will take some time next week to take a fresh look at this and post an
> update.
>
> So I started looking at this today. I didn't make much an inroad into
> the stumbling block with 0002 patch that I had mentioned back in [1],
> though I decided to at least post a rebased version of the patches
> that apply.
>
> I think 0001 is independently committable on its own merits,
> irrespective of the yet unresolved problems of 0002, a patch to fix
> $subject, which I'll continue to work on.
>
> 0003 shows a test that crashes the server due to said problem.
>
> --
> Amit Langote
> EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
>
> [1]
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BHiwqHMpNZOc2Z-zgdO9hbJ7wMCOC%3DWpJYszVusZ%3DoE2OTf8w%40mail.gmail.com

Hi,
For patch 0001, GetForeignKeyActionTriggers:

+ if (!OidIsValid(*deleteTriggerOid) || !OidIsValid(*updateTriggerOid))
+ elog(ERROR, "could not find action triggers of foreign key
constraint %u",

I think if the error message includes whether it is the delete or update
trigger that isn't found, it would be helpful.

Similar comment for error message in GetForeignKeyCheckTriggers().

Cheers